Tuesday 8 January 2013

Policing

The police are certainly maintaining a visible presence along the coast.  There were lots of them out and about on New Year's Eve.  The breath testing people have been around a few times, too. I was breath-tested one evening - and waved on, with not even a comment about, “You're not having another drink tonight, are you?” (I had had a little to drink, but my confidence that I was within the limit was thankfully justified). Then on a relatively quiet morning, there was an officer watching the traffic on a section of the road well-known to those who are familiar with the area as prime speed-trap territory. I continued my walk and noticed a short time later that a conversation was occurring with a driver who, based on my quick glance from the other side of the road, may possibly have been an overseas visitor.





No comments:

Post a Comment