Thursday 17 January 2013

In your face!

I've become immune to the promotional screens located above the moving walkways at our local shopping centre, and I hardly take any notice of the screens in the lift at work extolling the offerings of the building's retail tenants.   This may have something to do with the fact that there's no sound attached to either of these.

But when filling up with petrol at one of the service stations that I occasionally frequent, I was taken aback to be confronted with advertisements being played on a large screen - complete with sound blaring at me from close range.



This "development" may have occurred elsewhere so I may be in "catch-up" mode here, but this was a new experience for me.  Yes, buying petrol is boring, and it's depressing to watch the dollars mount up, but I'd rather not be ear-bashed at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got a competitive price! At least when using some other optional services (especially software you can often get an ad-free choice if willing to pay more

    ReplyDelete