Friday 21 March 2014

Mount Maunganui

Mount Maunganui is a 252 (or something like that) metre high rocky hill towering over one end of the resort-ish town of Mount Maunganui. After we'd had the obligatory cappuccino overlooking the surf, I felt obliged to tackle the climb. After all, I am supposed to be walking in the High Tatras later in the year, so it's not too soon to start thinking about my level of fitness.

View from Mount Maunganui

 













The climb was well worth it, as the track up passes through some interesting vegetation and of course the views are great. I certainly wasn't the only one who made it. I think this may have something to do with the fact that there's an ocean swim in town tomorrow, as a several of the other climbers were in running gear and certainly ran at least part of the way. I stress that the people in this category were all younger than me. 

Anyway, a pleasant day in spite of (or perhaps because of?) not taking a Rotorua excursion. 

We'll be in Napier, with its art deco buildings, tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment