Thursday 25 July 2013

Dight's Falls

I had never seen Dight's Falls in spite of them being so well known to Melburnians.    We recently overcame this deficiency in my experience.  I must admit that I was underwhelemed by the concrete structure, the noise from the nearby Eastern Freeway and the channel-like nature of Merri Creek as it joins the Yarra at this point.  There was a lot of water flowing, which perhaps meant that we didn't see the rapids at their best.

To top it all off, Melbourne Water are doing some work in the area.    I have now read on Wikipedia that this includes the construction of a new fishway to assist migratory fish.   Just where this is incorporated in the works currently underway is not immediately apparent.


1 comment:

  1. Come back after the next big downpour when there are flood warnings for the Merri and walk back towards our place on the walk/bike path for some more whelming excitement. Call in for a coffee!

    ReplyDelete