Tuesday 26 August 2014

Financial Planning

I established some "settings" for my financial affairs a little time back, and to date have seen no reason to make any big changes.    Without going into too much detail, I might say that one element of my arrangements is not to put all the eggs into a single basket, nor to rely on a single "financial adviser".  That's not saying I don't seek advice, and I do my best to keep abreast of the main issues while trying to avoid the temptation to micro-manage or to make "adjustments" in haste.  In any event, I find that with the passing of the years, my enthusiasm to monitor matters in this area on a short-term basis is waning.

So when I received a phone call recently from a financial adviser associated with one of the superannuation funds suggesting we have a "chat", I wondered whether I needed to bother.   Good sense prevailed, however, and I took up the opportunity.  

It seems that I am broadly "on track", and it was good to get a little detail filling out my understanding of some of the changes that are currently occurring.  But, importantly, it was pointed out to me that one issue of which I was aware needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.    In this respect alone,  the discussion was definitely worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment