Monday 19 August 2013

The Candidate

I happened to go past the railway station the day after the local member had said in her newsletter that she would be there (but wasn't, as I went past that day as well), and an individual was handing out leaflets.

I accepted a pamphlet, thinking that they were being distributed on behalf of the local member.  However, this was not so.   The gentleman in question is standing as an independent, with one of his lines being that "politicians today are failing us".  He also believes that we need to address climate change by promoting nuclear power).

I told him that I respected him for having the guts to stand - as I do - but on reflection, I'm not too sure about his judgment.   As a scientist, surely he must take into account the evidence, which is that a little-known independent has no hope in this electorate?   His pamphlet was authorised by someone with an address in Anglesea;  would he not have a better chance of making an impact in the knife-edge electorate of Corangamite?

1 comment:

  1. He has a few problems with his website that you've linked to. Aliquam congue fermentum nisl.

    ReplyDelete