Wednesday 6 November 2013

Internet Banking security

I logged on to the bank's internet banking site, and was informed that I now had to register three "security questions".  Yes, I know that other banks have had this requirement for a while, so ANZ is catching up.  I have no objection to this - except that there is no provision to frame your own questions and the range of pre-set questions was quite limited.  Frankly, I struggled.

I think that the responses to such questions ought to be intuitive, but I'm afraid that the answers to questions such as, "Which city or town was your first job in?", "What was the name of the first album you bought or downloaded?",  "Where did your parents meet?" and "What was the first concert you went to?" just don't come easily to me.  True, there were other questions, and I managed to get there, but ANZ gives the strong impression that the questions were formulated by someone from Gen Y - or perhaps someone trying to appeal to Gen-Ys?  Pity about the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment